Monday, June 21, 2010

What pups do best......









Eating and sleeping!
As you can see they are able to reach to feed while Sorcha stands for them now, it's still a bit of a stretch but their little noses lift at the scent of lunch and with a bit of scrabbling and balancing on each other they get there.

They are exploring the puppy run and react when you call them too. I'm overdosing on puppy breath and snuggles....heaven!I put a couple of toys in for them which they have investigated and mouthed a little but its early really for playing with toys.
I've also built them a run in the garden so perhaps later this week if the weather is warm I'll try them outside, we'll see.

An amazing thing happened in the garden with Sorcha yesterday, I could see her round the back of the rockery, or rather I could see her bum in the air, the other dogs where gathered around watching. When I got to them Sorcha was growling at the others and not at all happy that I wanted to see what she was up to. Eventually I got her and the others in doors and went back to see what she was doing. Buried in an old excavation were two adult Wood Pigeons! I assume Sorcha had caught them and was making a food store for the pups, we get lots of Wood Pigeons this is the first time they've caught an adult bird.

1 comment:

  1. So cute, will they stay that colour or will they darken and be like Sorcha ?

    ReplyDelete