We've all had a good nights sleep and are feeling much better, Sorcha looks tired still but is relaxed and being the superb mother I knew she would be.
The pups have grown already with lovely round full tummys. They are very vocal waking me up frequently during the night when they had trouble finding a nipple or found themselves further away from Mum than they liked. Its amazing how mobile they are, up on their front legs already, climbing over each other and mountaineering up Sorcha.
Although she graciously accepted a couple of treats this morning Sorcha hasn't eaten yet and I'll feel much happier when she does, I expect her tummy is sore and she's taking time to come to terms with all that happened yesterday.
I brought in the other dogs, one by one, to have a brief look at the new family as they were desperate to find out what all the fuss was about. All were allowed to view from a safe distance but Sorcha obviously told them you can look but don't touch as they were very polite, paid their respects and left. Brogan when asked if he'd like to take a peek wanted nothng to do with them and dissapeared upstairs to bed. But Cully, Sorcha's Sister, was allowed much closer and it became clear that her presence was welcomed by Sorcha. Again Cully was very polite but Sorcha was happy for her to gently sniff the pups and keep her company. I've always known these two are very close but this bond was lovely to see.
It will be nice to have a closer look at the brood today, yesterday was a little fraught and making sure everyone was safe and well took priority but today will be cuddles, puppy breath and getting to know who's who.
No comments:
Post a Comment